23 projects from 36 different groups were chosen for the final round of competition.
Best Practices Awards highlight outstanding examples of how technology innovations and strategic initiatives can be powerful forces for change in the life sciences, from basic biomedical research to drug development and beyond.
Bonitasoft nominated BMS IT for developing a ground-breaking solution using Bonita BPM to provide agility, flexibility, and visibility across its discovery organization. Traditional methods of managing lab workflows were rooted in lab-specific information systems called LIMS that required significant and repeated customization to meet the needs of a continuously evolving R&D environment. BMS implemented a BPM framework based on the Bonita BPM platform to facilitate the digital transformation of analytical chemistry, vet sciences, histology, biologics, lead optimization, biomarkers, and lab equipment management across R&D. As a result, it saw:
- Time savings of 11,000 hours per year realized by discovery scientists.
- 50% reduction in application delivery time.
- The need for multiple custom solutions were eliminated resulting in cost savings estimated at $2 million.
- Increased transparency into lab processes.
- Access to on-demand live metrics.
- Simplified and consistent application support.
Winners will be announced live at the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo on Thursday, May 25.